Adobe® has announced that their incentive pricing to join the Creative Cloud ends August 31. This pricing is available to users with previously registered product serial numbers of Creative Suite 3.0 and above and requires a one-year subscription commitment. The incentive pricing represents a significant discount from their standard pricing structure. Standard pricing is $49.99/month; their incentive pricing ranges from $9.99/month to $29.99/month, depending on the option that you choose. See the image at the end of the blog for more pricing details, or click here to go to Adobe’s site.
That may seem pricey to some of you, but consider three things:
- Annualized, you’ll pay between $120 and $360 at the discounted rate. This approach simply breaks the cost into monthly payments. Yes, when the incentive price expires, the price increases (presumably) to an annualized price of $600. That’s about the same that we’ve been paying for a Creative Suite software upgrade. If you upgraded Creative Suite every other year, it’s a wash. The price may seem a bit hefty, but perhaps not so much when you consider the second point.
- With the exception of the lowest subscription plan, you are gaining access to many, many quality Adobe products. The full Creative Cloud subscription gives you full access to more software than was included in the Creative Suite Master Collection (the biggest conglomeration of Adobe software under the old system), which sold for $2,600 per copy. How many of these logos do you recognize? They’re all included in the CC subscription fee. In case logos aren’t your thing, here’s just some of the programs included in a Creative Cloud standard subscription:
- InDesign® – desktop publishing
- Photoshop® and Lightroom® – image manipulation
- Acrobat® Pro – portable document creation
- Illustrator® – drawing
- Dreamweaver® and Muse™ – website development
- Edge Animate – creates interactive web content
- Typekit® – website font management
- Premier® Pro – video production and editing
- Audition® – audio editing
- After Effects® – cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Bridge – image management and more
- And more…click here to learn more about these programs and others included in the CC subscription
- Programs are updated and enhanced on a regular basis. You will no longer have to wait a year or two to receive the latest updates. As Adobe rolls them out upgrades and new features for each program, they are available to Cloud subscribers. With the pace of changing technology today, this is a great benefit, but if that makes you nervous, you can relax because you choose whether or not to update your copy of the software.
This article doesn’t begin to address other benefits of CC membership, the most prominent of which is cloud storage. Check out Adobe’s site for details.
Adobe’s incentive pricing for individual users is summarized in their graphic below. They also have team subscriptions available. If you have two or more users in your office, check out their team subscription pricing here. Click here to purchase Creative Cloud. Still have some concerns? Check out our blog, Adobe’s Creative Cloud – Addressing Top Concerns About Going to Subscription Service.