If you are considering going to InDesign CS6 and/or taking advantage of Adobe’s Creative Cloud approach to licensing software and all its other benefits, you’ll want to seriously consider doing it before Friday, August 31, 2012. That’s the day Adobe’s introductory rate ends and the rate differential is pretty significant (see “Subscription rates” below).
Features of the Cloud:
- Provides access to all of the software from the Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection (a $2,599 value), plus additional software and services.
- Provides access to new features and upgrades as they become available, rather than waiting a year or two for the next major release.
- Download and install any or all Creative Suite programs to your computer.
- No need to be online to use the software. Just go online at least once every 30 days for a license status check.
- Allows installation on one primary and one backup computer, so long as the software is not running on both computers at the same time.
- Provides access to both Windows and Mac versions of all the software. Install the Windows version on your primary computer and the Mac version of the same software on your backup computer for no extra charge.
- When Adobe upgrades from CS6 to CS7 you can keep and use both versions of the software for as long as your remain a subscriber.
- Includes 20 GB of cloud-based storage for any type of files.
- Access your cloud storage from any computer anywhere.
- Sync files between two computers.
- Share files with clients or friends through a browser. They can access, view, and collaborate on your files through their browser connection even if they don’t have the Adobe Creative Suite software.
- For registered users of an Adobe Creative Suite or any individual software package from a Creative Suite collection dating back to CS3, there is an introductory rate of only $29.99 per month with a one-year subscription if purchased on or before August 31, 2012. The rate increases to $49.99/month on September 1.
- For customers who don’t qualify for the registered user promotion mentioned above, the rate is $49.99 per month with a one-year subscription.
- For users who don’t want or need a full year subscription, pay-as-you-go monthly access is available for $74.95 per month\
So put your considering cap on and make your decisions quickly. Click here to learn more about the Creative Cloud and/or join the Cloud.